Monday, May 19, 2008

Needlepunch Bunny & Reading Progress

I finished the needlepunch bunny a few days ago. I will edit this post with a photo once I take one. Anyhow, the actual completion didn't take more than an hour, but it's been a WIP for over a year and one thing I really need to do is finish up some projects before I begin any new ones. Also, I haven't been feeling well the last few days so I've been working on handwork projects. It's kind of been nice to get a running start on my list by going for the low-hanging fruit, but soon I need to start getting to my cleaning and organizing goals.

I read to my daughter again for more than 20 minutes yesterday and plan on doing it again today. Right now, her attention span doesn't last much more than that, but I do feel a lot better about being a good mother just with this one goal that I hope to make a habit. I'd really like to shoot for every day, but I didn't want to set myself up for failure by missing a day when we are out of town or something.

2 comments:

kimz said...

Wow you really are doing a good job! The socks look great and I can't wait to see the bunny.
It's so good that you're reading to your daughter. =) I miss those days. When my girls got to Kindergarten they each got this book... http://www.amazon.com/Read-Your-Bunny-Rosemary-Wells/dp/0439087171/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211313895&sr=1-1
It chokes me up at the end it says "and your bunny will read to you".
Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my list.
I've tried "Hot Yoga", it's usually 80 to 90 degrees... but yours was 95 huh? Pretty hot! Truthfully I HATED it! I just couldn't stand breathing that forced air dry heat... but just thought I'd give Bikram a try. I'll let ya know how it is. :P

kimz said...

It's kinda creeping me out seeing those seconds tick down... but I do like the counter.